Thursday, November 01, 2007

Musings and Other Stuff

The Emerging Fraternity is getting it's Pastoral Visit this weekend. We are praying that we get the approval to become a full-fledged fraternity. I was going to say "hope against hope" instead of prayer because it is rare, if not unheard of, that an E. F. becomes a full-fledged fraternity after the first pastoral visit, not because I don't think we're not prepared or ready to become one. In fact, I think we're unusually prepared and ahead of the game, and are blessed with some phenomenal people to make the E.F. as strong as it is. But from all accounts for an E.F. to become a full fraternity at the first pastoral visit is pretty much unheard of. But we can certainly all pray for it!

It has been wacky and weird and very busy. The weirdest is the most recent--reconnecting with an ex-boyfriend from 15 years ago. Right now it's a lot of "OMG LOL What have you been doing all these years!!eleventyone!!1!1!!1!" If he gets into that breakup from when we were pretty much kids, I'm going to say "B, this was 15 years ago, I'm so past it!" It remains to be seen if I have a friend on the other end of the line. :)

The semester is racing to its close and I have an impossible paper for one class that has nothing to do with the content of the class--it actually has to do more with a class that is being offered next semester by another instructor. Research papers do not scare me; I can write them in my sleep. But the content the instructor wants is unfamiliar to me and I'm skeptical that I can write something I know next to nothing about. I have pulled magic out of my butt before, soo....

It is the Feast of All Saints, which marks November. November means the beginning of the holiday season, which is something I have mixed feelings about. I'm not really sure what I'm going to do, and I suspect the back of my mind is made up: I'm thinking of making the executive decision to decline any events for my side of the family. After last year's fiasco, and other crap in the interim, I'm pretty much done. It's going to hurt Dad, but I'll talk with him first before I make any firm decision.

No comments: